Monday, October 3, 2011

Bye Bye Blog...

So, I have gone back and forth about what to do with this blog. Continue it? End it? Start a whole new non-cancer blog? Let it sit? And, well, I finally decided.... to end it.

Although my fight is far from over, (a year more of Herceptin infusions every three weeks, five years of taking anti- hormone medicine, numerous more visits to my oncologist, scans, labs, eventually the removal of my ovaries, and whatever else I don't know about yet) I know (and hope and pray) that the hard part is over! And to be honest, this blog gave me something to do when I was too sick to leave the house or too awake to get some sleep. It helped me make sense of what I was going through and it kept me thinking and wondering about the world around me. Originally I started it as a way to inform my family and friends about what was going on. I thought it was for all of you out there! Then, somewhere along the way, I realized it was for me. Writing gave me peace. It helped me to look for inspiration when I could hardly lift my head. It allowed me to stay connected to the world and to all of the people I love without having to leave my house. It made me smile.

So, now, I can lift my head and I'm lifting it high! I can leave my house, and there isn't a day when I don't. I feel like I want to move on from this journey, archive it along with all of my travel journeys. As I look over on my shelf, right next to my computer, I see my eight hand-written journals filled to the brim with my travel writings. I always kept a journal while on the road. I was always writing. This blog is no different. I might not have been "on the road" but I was/am on a very long and spiritual journey.

Whenever I returned home from one of my ventures mentioned above, I always thought I would continue the writing. I always intended and wanted to continue my journals. I never did. Not one of those eight books has an entry once I hit American soil. That is why I knew I had to end this blog. I had to officially end it. I have to say goodbye because that means I'm forever saying goodbye to cancer as well! With that said, I hope to hell I never have to start this blog up again!

SO, a huge thank you to everyone out there that hung on with me. It means so much! I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to help me through these last 10 months!

Oh, and the "Cancer Sucks" team will re-unite next August for the Komen walk. :) Yes, I will have another party!

4 comments:

  1. I've never been so thrilled for a blog to end! :) I'm so happy for you, Heather. Maybe there's a travel blog in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, body pain,  dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C,  mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficiency,  diarrhoea, cardiovascular disease,  Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioural disorder,  liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma,  arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, tuberculosis,  alzhemer's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis,  Anxiety Disorders, Back Pain, Crohn's Disease, Chronic renal failure,  acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease,  Addison's disease,   back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia disease, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum,  constipation,  fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia,   (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man.  Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete
  3. idea, its all so pretty. I thought I would leave my first comment
    WomaEdoxsdezdidll, qnnaked
    Excellent webpagnegative ion generator reviews consumer reports
    air purifier made in germany
    meat purifier

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic resource that you point out here, happy to see such informative stuff.
    Thanks a lot for sharing. I appreciate your hard efforts.
    Good luck!

    Best 3D Printers:
    B9 Printer

    B9 3D Printer

    B9 Core 550

    B9 Creator v1.2

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete